- Founded in Summit, NJ, in 1988 Family Promise is national non-profit organization mobilizing communities and existing resources to help homeless families regain their independence.
- Homeless families now comprise nearly 40% of the homeless population.
- One out of every 45 American children will experience homelessness this year.
- Last year, there were 3.5 million homeless people in the United States. Sixty-four percent of U.S. cities turned away homeless families with children because there was a lack of bed space.
- Family Promise provided shelter and social services to more than 50,000 people last year . . . nearly 60% of them children.
- Family Promise currently operates 192 Affiliates across 42 states and mobilizes more than 160,000 volunteers and 6,000 congregations across the country.
- Family Promise is cost-effective. We utilize existing resources and are able to deliver $3 in goods and services for every $1 we receive.
- Family Promise works. On average, 75% of our guests secure housing within nine weeks, helping them to achieve sustainable independence.
WHAT CAN YOU DO ?
Click the “donate now” button to make a secure online donation to your local affiliate Interfaith Hospitality
Network/Schneider House of Hope or contact our offices (937-372-0705) to volunteer your time.